Brakes & Brake Pad Advice
How Brakes Wear Out
Most modern cars consist of disc brakes on all four wheels. As you push the brake pedal, pressure is transferred through the hydraulic fluid to a set of heat resistant pads that are then forced to grip the rotating disc brake rotor, thus creating friction which then slows and eventually stops the car.
Over time, brake pads become worn out and reduce the car’s ability to reduce speed. The Disc Rotor can also wear. The importance of changing brake pads the minute you notice these signs cannot be understated. Worn pads are not only dangerous, but can also cause expensive collateral damage to other brake system components.
Brake pads are an important safety system in every car. The brake system must be checked regularly and preferably by a qualified mechanic. Depending on the car type and driving conditions, brake pads should be replaced every 15,000 kilometres. We are located in Glen Waverley and we also serve many customers in the surrounding areas as well.
For a high quality Brake Pad Replacement Service at a competitive price, contact Total Car Care using the links below. We service customers in and around Glen Waverley as well as the surrounding areas.
Why Work with Us?
- Top Quality: As a part of the Repco Authorised Service Centre network all of the work we perform is backed by the Repco Nationwide Guarantee.
- Fully Trained: Our mechanics are kept up to date on latest vehicle repair methods thanks to Repco Auto-tech service bulletins. Additionally, we have access to the Repco spare parts network which means we can find you the right part at the right price.
- The Best Team: Our mechanics are well versed in different makes and models. From a fleet of vehicles to the family car, we are here for you.
Our Services include?
- Brake Pad Inspection or Replacement
- Disc Machining or Replacement
- Drum Machining or Replacement
- Brake Cable Replacements
- Brake System Inspection
- Replacing Hydraulic Fluid
- Master Cylinder Testing
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. Saturdays by appointment only